The latest calendar of events is summarised here:
Friends of Antiquity Sunday Series talks : 2.00pm, Rm 302 Forgan Smith Building (unless otherwise advised). For more detail visit the Friends of Antiquity website:
- Sunday August 12: The Archers of Athens (Dr David Pritchard). Preliminary Talk: To the Rhodian Winds: Protection Poetry for Sailing on the Ancient Sea (Nile de Jonge.)
- Sunday September 9: The Strange Colours of Ancient Greece (Murray Kane). Preliminary Talk: Nicola Ernst.
- Sunday October 7: The Phoenicians from Antiquity to the Arab Spring (Assoc. Prof. Josephine Quinn). Preliminary Talk: Betty Fletcher Travelling Scholarship Award.
- Sunday November 4: Antiquities as Souvenirs in the First World War (James Donaldson). Preliminary Talk: Catherine Smallcombe.
- Sunday November 18: Friends of Antiquity Christmas Party (venue TBA)
Three Score Club: 14 August (10.00am, Women’s College), Professor Alastair Blanshard, Paul Eliadis Chair of Classics and Ancient History.
Mid-Winter Book Sale: Hundred Acre Bar (31 July, 3-6pm)
Pre-Christmas ‘Sidewalk Sale’: Hawken Drive, St Lucia (17th November)
Please check back as this is regularly updated, and don’t forget to visit recent online exhibitions, celebrating the Golden Jubilee of Alumni Friends:
- Betty Fletcher: Lover of Wisdom, Lover of Beauty, Lover of Humanity (launched in August 2017) available here.
- Fifty Years of Friendship: Digital ‘exhibition’ available on the UQ Library Website (launched in June 2017), click here for more.
- 50 years of Giving: R D Milns Antiquities Museum Special Exhibition (opened October 2017), visit here or at the Museum
Major 2019 Events for your diary:
- Alumni Friends’ Easter UQ Alumni Book & Music Sale: March 2019 (8am-1pm, St Lucia Village Shopping Centre, 1/217 Hawken Drive, St Lucia, QLD 4072)
- Friends of Antiquity Annual History Day: March 2019,
- UQ Alumni Book Fair®: 3-6 May 2019
2019 AGM: May, 2019 (9:30am)
- Great Court Race: May 2019 (usually held between 12 noon and 2:00pm)