Members and friends donate time, books, enthusiasm, and money to support the Association in Connecting and Giving Back: Celebrating, Supporting, and Encouraging UQ’s ‘Future Alumni’. Alumni Friends funds a variety of university projects through the tax-deductible donations and bequests of our members and friends.
All donations to support Alumni Friends’ projects can be made as a direct deposit to:
Alumni Friends of the University of Queensland Inc.
Bank Account No: 1012 4990 BSB: 064 158
Please send the office a note of your donation (and the fund to which it is to be directed) so that we can issue a tax-deductible receipt. Donations can also be made by MasterCard/Visa, via the office (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3365 1562). Thank you! *
Continuing support: donations can be made to support existing funds and bequests held in trust by Alumni Friends, including:
- Betty Fletcher Travelling Scholarship: For study-related travel by a student of classics and ancient history
- C J Nash Bequest: Supporting the University Musical Society
- Classics and Antiquities fund: To make purchases for the University Antiquities Museum
- David Dunlop Memorial Scholarship: Funding an annual bursary for a Dentistry Student
- Elizabeth Usher Travelling Scholarship: For a PhD candidate to travel to an international conference
- Friends of Antiquity: Supporting projects and purchases for Classics and Ancient History
- Fryer Library: For the purchase of items for the Fryer Library
- Joan Elizabeth Wickham Prize Fund: For female students studying Engineering
- Margaret Waugh Memorial Bursary: For a member of the University Library Staff
- Richard Hopkins Memorial Prize: For a student of Civil Engineering
- Alumni/UQ Sport Scholarships for outstanding student athletes
- Dentistry Fund: Targeting to raise $100,000, to establish an endowment fund to support Research for the Provision of Oral Health Care for those Suffering Long-term Hardship.
Medical Alumni Fund: Funding for projects and purchases for the Mayne Graduate School of Medicine
- Marks-Hirschfeld Museum Fund: To support the operation of the UQ Museum of Medical History
- Veterinary Alumni Fund: A bursary to a student in the School of Veterinary Science
- UQ Music School Fund: To assist approved projects of the School of Music
- UQ Art Museum Fund: To assist in purchases of works of art.
* The University of Queensland also accepts donations made through the Advancement department.