Members and friends donate time, books, enthusiasm, and money to support the Association as a means of Connecting and Giving Back: Celebrating, Supporting, and Encouraging UQ’s ‘Future Alumni. In particular, Alumni Friends has funded a variety of University projects through the tax-deductible donations and bequests of Alumni Friends members.
Donate: Currently, financial donations can only be made via Alumni House. Please contact us for details to make a donation by cheque or bank transfer (Mastercard and Visa also accepted).*
A major fund-raising activity, linked to the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Alumni Friends (2017-2018), is the tax-deductible 50th Anniversary Fund, with a target of providing 50 student bursaries, each of $1,000, to be presented in 2017-18. For further information (including how to donate) click HERE.
Collaborate: Would you value the opportunity to engage with specific researchers and educators who are leading next generation in health and rehabilitation sciences? Each year there are many great research projects to improve health and quality of life that go unfunded, or opportunities to support learning for the next generation of health professionals. The Collaborate section of this website lists projects and a person that you can contact if you would like to provide financial support and meet with the researchers/educators involved. This enables you to see how your contribution can support real achievements in health. As new projects arise, this section of the website will continue to be updated. For details of current projects, visit:
- Ailsa Munro Physiotherapy Student Scholarships
- Investigating Equine-Assisted Learning & Therapy in Children with Autism
- Rural and regional experiences for Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Hons) students
Continuing support: Donations can also be made to support existing funds and bequests held in trust by Alumni Friends, including:
- Betty Fletcher Travelling Scholarship: For study-related travel by a student of classics and ancient history
- C J Nash Bequest: Supporting the University Musical Society
- Classics and Antiquities fund: To make purchases for the University Antiquities Museum
- David Dunlop Memorial Scholarship: Funding an annual bursary for a Dentistry Student
- Elizabeth Usher Travelling Scholarship: For a PhD candidate to travel to an international conference
- Friends of Antiquity: Supporting projects and purchases for Classics and Ancient History
- Fryer Library: For the purchase of items for the Fryer Library
- Joan Elizabeth Wickham Prize Fund: For female students studying Engineering
- Margaret Waugh Memorial Bursary: For a member of the University Library Staff
- Richard Hopkins Memorial Prize: For a student of Civil Engineering
- Alumni Postgraduate Scholarships
- Alumni/UQ Sport Scholarships for outstanding student athletes
- Dentistry Fund: Donations for projects and equipment for the UQ School of Dentistry
- Medical Alumni Fund: Funding for projects and purchases for the Mayne Graduate School of Medicine
- Marks-Hirschfeld Museum Fund: To support the operation of the UQ Museum of Medical History
- Veterinary Alumni Fund: A bursary to a student in the School of Veterinary Science
- UQ Music School Fund: To assist approved projects of the School of Music
- UQ Art Museum Fund: To assist in purchases of works of art.
* The University of Queensland also accepts donations made through the Advancement department.