Completing a UQ degree is not a pre-requisite of membership* and new members are always welcome.
The benefits of being a member of Alumni Friends include:
- a discounted UQ library membership;
- invitations to lectures and seminars organised by Friends of Antiquity and by the Three Score Club;
- automatic membership of the Three Score Club;
- a 10% discount at Brisbane’s prestigious Customs House restaurant;
- multidisciplinary networking and social activities including opportunities to reconnect with distinguished alumni, staff members, and community leaders. Social activities include AGM lunches, Christmas parties, concerts, UQ Art Museum visits, and celebratory functions. In addition, members are often invited to UQ events (and may be offered a limited number of free concert tickets);
- news and information including Alumni News (3 issues per annum) and a January Alumni Bulletin. In addition, Friends of Antiquity membership includes a subscription to Nova magazine.
The membership year begins in March. Full-year membership fees (all inclusive of GST) are currently:
- Ordinary Membership $38.50
- Student Membership $19.25
- Overseas Membership $27.50
- Joint Ordinary Membership $49.50
- Family Membership $55.00 (four family members residing at the same address)
- Friends of Antiquity (in addition to Alumni Friends’ membership): $16.50 (or $5.50 for UQ students)
For more information contact us, or complete and return the Membership Application Form.
If you are thinking about joining us, why not meet members of the Executive Committee to learn more about Alumni Friends and how you can become involved, for example, by:
- joining the Executive Committee;
- joining one of the special interest groups;
- attending the many social activities (including the popular Christmas Party, and regular Three Score meetings);
- providing information for the regular newsletter, Alumni News;
- volunteering to help sort and price books across the year;
- volunteering to help at the Book Fair;
- buying Books at the Book Fair, and at other Alumni Friends’ Book Sales; or
- donating to support UQ students, educators, and researchers.
Note: Membership of the Association is open to all graduates, students without award, and current students of the University. Subject to Section 9(2) of the Rules, membership is also available to current and past University staff, family members and those in the community with an interest in The University of Queensland.